The social media policy updates the users on the rules of conduct that must be followed within the Eastwest project’s digital environment and provides indication regarding the content and what kind of relationship one should expect. Eastwest uses social media for institutional and general interest purposes to inform, communicate, listen and bolster participation, exchange of views and dialogue with the readers, stakeholders, organisms, association and citizens within a transparent and shared environment.
The published content includes information on the activities and services provided, press releases, publications and official documents, breaking news, information on initiatives and events, images and videos, articles of general interest on the issues handled by the eastwest.eu. portal. The social media channels are also used to collect comments, requests, question, critiques and suggestions. Exploiting the opportunities that these services usually offer, Eastwest can occasionally share and post useful public interest messages published by third parties. The social media channels produce their own texts, photographs, infographics, videos and other multimedia materials that are to be considered as included in the Creative Commons CC BYND 3.0 licence, so they may be freely reproduced but they must credit the original channel of reference. The possible presence of advertising spaces on the social media channels used by Eastwest is not under the magazine’s control, but is instead managed independently by the social network.
The portal’s social media channels are moderated during office hours (time-zone GMT +1, Rome). The moderation of the web pages by the social media team takes place after publication, and is solely designed to block any conduct that is contrary to the user regulations. The project’s social media channels may NOT, for any reason, be used to publish posts and comment/contents that are either discriminatory or offensive to other users, whether or not they are part of the conversation, or to institutions, associations, companies or those who manage and moderate the social media channels. No insults, foul language, threats or attitudes that are damaging to personal dignity, the rights of minorities and the principle of freedom and equality shall be tolerated. In any case, all posts, comments or multimedia material shall be removed by the administrator that:
- has a political or propaganda purpose;
- aims to promote for profit business activities;
- contains inappropriate and/or menacing, violent, vulgar or disrespectful language;
- contains illicit content or such that may incite others to commit illegal activities;
- has offensive, misleading or and/or alarmist content or violates the rights of third parties;
- divulges personal data or information that may damage or harm the reputation of third parties;
- contains obscene, pornographic or pedo-pornographic content or such that may be offensive to the users’ common decency or sensibility;
- has a discriminatory content relative to gender, race, ethnicity, language, religious beliefs, political opinions, sexual orientation, age, personal and social conditions;
- promotes or supports illegal activities, that violate copyright, or that use a registered trademark in an inappropriate way;
- is classifiable as spam;
- is not related to the topics / points of view treated.
Eastwest reserves the right to remove any content that is believed to be in violation of this social media policy or any applicable law. For those who violate these conditions or those contained in the policies of the instruments used we reserve the right to use a ban or a block to prevent further interference and report the users to the persons in charge of the platform and possibly to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.